This is a template for a home group.
I've made a lot of these this week whilst testing this new design with a few tweaks so I thought I could make them in my sleep. I was proved wrong this morning when I decided to make another one for my own kitchen. I was half way round adding the binding
This small quilt was made from stretch fabrics given to me by a friend. I made the central section entirely in the hoop and then made the borders in strips to sew on. I use voile as a base fabric to build up the blocks and stretch toweling inside (both al
Carolyn reminded me that I hadn't posted this new A5 book cover yet. It is made and fits in a different way to the usual. It accommodates different thicknesses of book and adjustments can be made for slightly different cover sizes. The matching A6
Two of the ladies who come regularly to my J club asked me for a "nice bag pattern". They have Janome 350E machines and their "big" hoop is 140 mm x 200 mm so this was a bit of a challenge! Made in the hoop except for a couple of straight seams to
I've been doodling this design today. The book cover is made continuously in three hoopings. The style of cover will accommodate different thicknesses of book and small adjustments can be made for slightly different cover sizes. Now to write the instr
FQ's from Aldi enable me to try out ideas and test new methods without spending a great deal of money. For this quilt I used 4 packs of FQs. I took 3 out of each for the backing and used the other three for the piecing which was all done in the hoop of m
These are my latest additions to Engineered in Stitches. 4 sizes - made in one hooping, fully lined with no raw edges inside. The designs come with video instructions. The small one is made in the 130 x 180 hoop.
I covered a couple of IKEA chairs using fat quarters from Aldi and I had a few bits left .... so I made a bag. I used my own modular tote design and used a simple applique design in place of the zipped pocket and the flap pocket. I made the handles with f
This is a block I digitised to piece in the hoop. The 4 blocks were also joined ITH. The back of the cushion was added on the sewing machine. If I had decided at the outset that it would be a cushion, it would have all been done in the hoop.
As you may know, I love to push the boundaries of the possibilities for ITH designs. These are my latest.<br /><br /> All are made with just the bare minimum of straight sewing when they come out of the hoop. (Shoulder seams on the waistcoats, sides se
I've been away from home for a few weeks so when I had time after doing all of the washing, I had to try some ideas I'd had while I was away. The necklines on these two tops were made in the hoop (including adding the facing.) I've shown a close up of
Edited to show both sizes. This was another idea I was brewing while I was away. The design is now in Engineered in Stitches. 160 x 260 and 200 x 300.<br /><br /> All made ITH except for a small gap to hand stitch. Extra inspiration came from the fa