Two of the white cones of machine knitting yarn were used to do some knitting and stash reducing. As the threads were rather thin I decided to get my knitting machine out of the moth balls. So I did some (read: a lot of) cleaning and oiling, set the machi
Again used remnants. I did not have enough for long sleeves, so this needs a long sleeved T underneath. I saw a picture of the sheep somewhere on the internet and put that on. In Dutch the same word ('mazen') is used for grafting and for stitchi
I finished this one, ready for the gift/charity drawer. What appears to be a blue-ish stripe on the sleeve is a just shadow. I did not do myself a favour when I started at the bottom, knitting in the round and then added the sleeves. It's very hard to
Overlap in designs. When you digitise openings in an object overlaps at some place are unavoidable. The number of them depends on several factors: - the shape of the object - the shape of the opening(s) - start and end points of the object
I finally knitted the top and sleeves of this guernsey - I started in April right after I knitted one for his brother, went as far as the armholes and then left it gathering dust over summer (and fall and winter) to pick it up again on Monday. Picture
When I saw baydreamer's Virus meet Granny Square shawl I had to have a go at it. And I love the result. I still had three cones of red machine embroidery thread left. I knitted a jersey for my granddaughter, a throw/blanket and the SouthBay shawl
We have had a few conversations in the past on how to prove a design is yours. I said that when possible I add my initials as part of the underlay, sometimes very small, but in the case of this shield quite large.Here's an animation of what I mean.
Last year my husband bought me a book called Visserstruien - there's an English edition too. It offers patterns used in several fishing towns, including the one I was born. My grandmother used to knit ganseys by the dozen for my uncles and cousins, but n
Tried some more top-down and this time wrote down what I did so I now have a basic pattern. And my stash is reduced by 2 1/2 balls. That came from my mother's stash. Question now is knit a hat to go with it or use the yarn in another odd ball project.
Thanks to my spilling tea over the laptop and a new keyboard having to be imported from the USA I have done little embroidery, digitising etc. Out of sheer frustration I bought a loose keyboard today, so that solved my problem. In the meantime I knitt
Tea and laptops don't mix. Of course I knew, but yesterday I tested it out - accidentally. I tried rice which worked well for my DiL's phone after falling into the loo, but no mitigating effect on my laptop. And now I only have my iPad (generation 1,
I have been playing with the inbuilt decorative stitches of my machine. Since I have an embroidery machine (1992) I have used those very infrequently. First I made the two denim swatches, using resp. 2 and 3 different stitches to get an overall design
Reducing my stash :) Drew the pattern on the go. Cut out the body and sleeves which needed an insert as the width of the fabric was not large enough. Then decided to add a pocket and collar of the same insert fabric. Zip came from my stash too. My home
Baby jacket. I had a small ball of baby acryl and just got going, no pattern, just a small t-shirt to have some idea of size. I started with the Tunisian crochet top part, then crocheted the body top down. After that I had 7.4 grams (about 1/4 oz) left fo