Just finished! English Paper Pieced with a fleece backing folded to the front to form the binding. I used a fancy stitch on my sewing machine through the layers to emphasise the stripes. The hand stitching keeps me sane when I am away from home!
Biscornu brainwave! A simple little cross stitched biscornu pincushion stitched in multicoloured thread on evenweave fabric to look hand stitched. Whip stitched together by hand through the edge stitches. (Foolproof!) Finished off in the centre with a
In my Facebook group, there was a cry of despair that the swirly unicorn couldn't be made in the 100 mm square hoop. (The horn just wouldn't have worked!) So I decided to make her a little sister. I used a different design (the reindeer), made the nose
This cheese cloth top came from a jumble sale (50p). It was a bit plain so I added some embroidery from Urban Threads. I've used this particular set of designs for so many things it has become a habit!
It has been a miserable wet day here so I've been playing. This Swirly Unicorn is what I've come up with. She can be made in one hooping (180 x 300 hoop) or two hoopings (130 x 180 or 160 x 260.) Find her in Engineered in Stitches.
This is Bella the Baby Elephant. Her huge ears have plenty of room for messages which can be added while she is being stitched out. She is very quick to make - she only needs two hoopings, but does need a little bit of hand sewing to finish. (The trunk an
I was asked to design an ITH patchwork case for an I-Pad mini. (As I don't have one, I made a mock-up with a cereal packet!) The design is really a clutch bag in two sizes, made to be a snug fit for a 7 inch tablet or an I-Pad mini but could have many
I've been AWOL for a few days - Mike and I have been playing at a folk festival. The long picture is our ukulele band playing on stage - they are nearly all people we have taught, many of them couldn't play before Friday! There may be a video at some st
This little scottie dog pincushion is made in one hooping which allowed me to develop a neat trick to match the plaid pattern in the fabric. An extra tip - the fleece fabric was very thin and stretchy so I used a piece of thin sheeting under it to keep
Update - version 2 now added. I've had a complete rethink on the engineering (and made it a bit wider.) It is now much easier to turn through and has less bulky seams.) First draft of a design that was buzzing around my mind whilst doing some coastal wa
I hestitated where to put this because it is embroidered by hand! The photograph was printed in draft quality onto cotton fabric which had been treated with Bubble Jet 2000 and ironed onto freezer paper. I then doodled with a needle and thread to give