Auto digitising vs manual digitising I read the question about manually punched. Being back home again I digitised one design by Clipartopolis 3 ways today to show the difference it can make in the end result. The first one is made in 5DExtr
I answered someone's digitisng question and made a small example of how I'd do it. I decided to play with the example and made (the beginning of) an alphabet. I did 10 so far and tested 3. They are 60 mm high. What do you think?
April Challenge. Some 50 years ago I got a sewing thingy made from an octagonal piece of lovely fabric - see image on the left and the bottom. I like the idea but it irritated me that the result was not symmetrical. So I changed Sue's octag
Pincushion Just had to try one too - ITH. Before filling it looked like a doll's bib, but after stuffing it, it looked much better. I also did one with a rounded "point" but then the heart shape is far less obvious - that one will stay a bib.
Bag. In the stash my neighbour left me were a dozen or so log cabin blocks, the test squares she made for her quilts. All different sizes and colours; some 'paper'-pieced on old sheets, some stitches on batting. I chose 2 that had more or less th
Seeing lidiad's beautiful doily I decided to make one as well. The design stitched out beautifully but the scallops were a disaster - needed to change the needle, cut the fabric to close and when I rinsed out the wss and stretched it before ironing the s
Swirling Fairy #7 Here's another one I coloured. The first picture is with flash and a bit overexposed, the second without and a bit too dark. The last two colours are the outline and the eyes, so it can be used as redwork as well. Took me a