Cute Valentine Challenge. At last I stitched my (ITH) mugrug I used the swan design and added the cross hatch around it. I did the swans as a rough edge appliqué. Now to sew the second one I planned. Maybe tomorrow.
Cover for small notebook. Made the cross stitch files and tested the larger one first. Then decided to make an ITH cover with a smaller one. Unfortunately my thread shredded like mad, but the machine behaved when I inserted a new needle. But the misha
Pumpkin mug rug. I had a go at another mug rug. Although I digitised borders as in the other one, I skipped those when I tested it. I knew those worked well. I must say I like it better with the borders. As there are no jumps it stitches out ver
Autumnal mug rug Another addition to my mug rug collection. I used the shape of a FSL pumpkin I made several years ago (see picture 2) and made it into an appliqué design. To test it I decided to make a mug rug instead of just another test that wo
As I promised Vicky I stitched the flower on a very thin fabric. It is slippery and synthetic, but I did not have a better fabric other than cutting a pair of nets in the bedroom which seemed a bit drastic. The stitching is fabulous when done direc
3D Flower I saw so may 3D flowers posted I could not resist digitising one. They are now 100% (which was 96 mm), 75% and 50%, which I changed after testing to 100%, 80% and 60%. I stitched the larger one after I had done the smaller ones in
Mug rug. Tested a new one and made quite a few variations: filled or red work design; stippled, parallel lines or cross hatched; with borders strips. I'll have a go at those after the weekend - my gift drawer is getter nicely filled!
Two more mug rugs. Although I attached the borders of the mug rug in picture 1 ITH, I actually folded them over and hand stitched them at the back creating a border there as well. I did that as I wanted to quilt the backing fabric as well.
Two mug rugs for 5x7 hoop. I had not touched my embroidery machine for a couple of weeks, but I did digitise quite a few things. So today I tested two mug rugs. I dyed the yellow cotton a few years ago, with less skill than I hoped for at the time
Easter mug rug. Made another one. After stitching I tweaked it a bit and made the outside border the same width horizontally and vertically. Always a pity your nicely ironed fabrics look so crinkled after turning the thing right side out. And I
Easter mugrug Sometime ago I digitised two designs for someone and as a thank you present I got amongst other things two mugrugs with the design on it. I was so happy with those gifts. I liked the general design of her mugrugs and digitised a nu
Mugrug Much to my own surprise I liked the mugrugs. Decided to leave the autumn once and started on Christmas. Here's the first of three I made. Made some minor adjustments after this test, but it stitched out nicely. The back is a cotton p