I made 2 quilt squares to go in a quilt to be hung at the NC Women's Hospital. The goal is to have a square representing each of the 100 counties in North Carolina. They only lack about 15. The fish square, for a coastal county, is 4 squares made and qu
This year's Christmas challenge for my quilt guild. This year there are 2 fabrics. The pink with white reindeer and the dark navy with pink confetti. I digitized the snowflake applique with the pink center. The green applique is just a circle that I
I made a cross body purse from the scraps of the jacket I recently showed here on cute. The purse is modified from a pattern I already had (sewed the old fashioned way on a regular sewing machine) and the flowers are from Anita Goodesign Fancy Flowers
What was a men's 2x T-shirt is now re-made to be my new swimsuit coverup. Embroidered the DecoJelly design from Basketkase on the lower front and middle back. I love how the light colors almost shimmer. Now I'm ready to go on vacation.
I finally finished this jacket that I've been working on seemingly forever. After piecing the blocks together, I embroidery machine quilted each block, there were 106. Then I cut the 'quilt' apart and made the jacket. Finished binding it today, whew!
Not sure why but Spendlove's comment about wanting a sleigh for her pink reindeer, I took as a challenge. I've never embroidered on felt before so I learned quite a bit by working on this. I agree, it takes more time to cut out than to embroider.
A first for me. I embroidered a name on a dog collar. Bunker is a Great Dane that we met on vacation. We'll see him again in a few weeks and I wanted to take him a special gift. I've added a picture of Bunker wearing his new collar. Can you tell how
I made a small pressing pad to go in my sewing kit that I take to classes. This one is made in the hoop with teflon fabric on the back. The design is from a book titled "Piece in the Hoop" by Larisa Bland. In a pinch, I could use it as a mug rug in cl
The quilt guild I belong to is making mug rugs to give away at an event we're having. Someone turned in squares that needed completing. I sewed pieced material onto each square and digitized a stipple quilting design. I hooped stabilizer and did the f