by pennyhal2 25 Oct 2021

Does anyone know what that rubber like stuff that you put on the back of hooked rugs is called? Or any rug that you don't want slipping around.


by noah 27 Nov 2021

I use old fashion red rubber jar rings.Works well 4 me.

by jrob Moderator 02 Nov 2021


dragonflyer by dragonflyer 03 Nov 2021

That is what my mom used on all of her handmade hooked rugs...many of which are still in use today.

pennyhal2 by pennyhal2 03 Nov 2021


by pennyhal2 31 Oct 2021

I finally found it. It's called "fiber lock" and there are other brands as well. It's a latex product that you paint on the back of rugs.

1 comment
airyfairy by airyfairy 27 Jan 2022

Hi Penny. Hope I am not interfering but I would be worried about putting that on the back of something of value ie. a Persian rug.

by sebsews 26 Oct 2021

I bought pads from I am extremely please with the green pad. Non slip and non staining.

maymason1 by maymason1 26 Oct 2021

rug tape or rug nonslip pad. hope this helps

pennyhal2 by pennyhal2 28 Oct 2021

I'm looking for the stuff that you paint on the backside!

by graceandham 25 Oct 2021

Don't know the name, but I've bought it in sheets of different sizes for really large and really small rugs before at Home Depot, reasonably priced and does the job.

pennyhal2 by pennyhal2 26 Oct 2021

Thanks! I have that kind of pad, but I did not know that it came in green! I'm looking for the stuff you paint on the back of carpets etc.

airyfairy by airyfairy 27 Jan 2022

I have bought in the past rubber matting, sold in meters and just cut it to size