So sorry for the loss of your companion. I've said goodbye to several fine cats over the decades and have wonderful memories of my time with them.
Thank you.It was over 35yrs since my last cat died.Gandalf is buried under one of the trees he liked to climb & there are 7 dogs & a couple of newborn pups buried around the backyard.
I agree with the others, you should take him back to the vet, I am not sure what you mean by him turning yellow around the head. did you mean his fur? Yellowing of the skin or in the white of the eyes in people is an indication of liver disease.
I agree with Suzanne...…..take him back to vet....missing meals can be extremely serious for our feline friends liver......it sounds to me like he is jaundice which could go along with liver disease. It would also be helpful to keep him in the house during his illness so you can monitor him more closely...as it is you don't know what he is getting into. There is also a chance of antifreeze poisoning in cats who are outside.....will pray this will resolve in favor of Gandalf....
Thank you but we said good bye this morning.
It very hot & humid here ,so it was easy keeping him in side but he does like using litter trays & goes out through the doggy door.
Get him back to the vets. This is not a normal thing for cats. They hide sickness well and when they show symptoms it is serious.
You can try baby food Chicken and broth or Turkey and broth Nothing else. Onions and garlic are poisonous to them. You can boil chicken breast skinless with brown rice and then mince it. No ice cream they are lactose intolerant . Yogurt is OK.
If his tummy is upset you can give him Pepcid half a tab twice a day.
Acidophilus in his food will help his tummy too. You can crush a pill and mix it in his food. Half teaspoon.
Hope that helps. Get him back to the vets though.
Thank you but we said good bye this morning.
Hi Judy, I'd take him back to the vet and have some more samples taken. Love Chris
If only they could talk! I hope you find some of the advice from others helpful and, that he gets better soon.
I make my own souplike cat food for my very old cat. She is a picky eater so I just boil some fish or chicken, liquidise it in the boiled water an freeze portions. When giving it to the cat I just mix it with some wet cat food so it has a bit of thickness to it.
I have not owned a cat for many years. Hope he is better soon
Someone else may be feeding him, maybe that is why he is not hungry.
Hope you find out what is wrong and he gets better soon. Hugs Maureen
Thank you but we said good bye this morning.I don't think any one else is feeding him.He was catnapped by someone ,who thought he was a stray ,didn't check to see if he was chipped.A lot of people know who he is because of the posters we put up then.We found out about what he got up to.
I hope he bounces back soon. Cannot help you with food . It's been 30+ yrs since a cat owned me(daughter extremely allergic) but I love cats and have friends with some lovely ones that I get to love on.
Thank you but we said good bye this morning.It was about 25yrs since I had a cat,husband isn't fond of cats but when Gandalf turned up & no one owned him ,he wanted him.
Another thought is diabetes. Especially if he is drinking a lot. Hope you and the dr figure it out soon. Hugs. Nan W
Yes, there are soup like foods..my cats love them, but they are a bit more pricey than reg cat food. They are seasoned broths..meat, fish, and veg flavors--they even look good to me! You should find them in pouches rather than cans. I give for special treats. I love my cats, I hope and will pray that yours recovers to normal health.
Thank you but I made the decision about 4am this morning to say good bye to him.He was meowing loudly a lot through the night & nothing we did ,helped.Yesterday he ate the most food in a day,for awhile but went down hill rapidly.
sorry I cannot help you, I don't have a cat.....Hope someone can help . Hugs )))
has the doctor made a blood analysis? maybe there is with you also a gel or sauche to shop, with us there is since the last year, I mix this with water with it them with heat more drink, moreover, I put a big water bowl with ice pieces, with it they play and drink. Please, no human ice, too much sugar! Maybe a great cat or tomcat is in the neighborhood he with pleasure goes for a walk . . . =^..^=
He likes drinking water from all sorts of places ,at the moment there is a nearly full bucket of water in the laundry for him.He sits down & puts his head over the edge to drink .Doesn't need to bend down to drink.
He did have a large fluffy brown cat friend over there,but that cat has moved away
The brown cat's scent may linger. Ah, sweet memory.
Has he been checked for liver disease?
Yes that is, what the tablets are for ,the yellow colour is slowly fading from his face & he has been rather good about getting half a tablet down his throat twice a day.The vet said it would be 4-6 days before we would see any improvement.On day 4 he bounced in meowing for his breakfast ,but since last night he hasn't wanted to eat.Got him to eat about 2 teaspoons of slightly warmed meat done in the microwave, about a hour ago.
I am so sorry. He was sick like our cat. Saying goodbye was very hard. I am sorry you also had to say goodbye. Sending hugs!