by asterixsew Moderator 14 Nov 2018

I am posting these pictures that I took for a friend. My closet Cutie friend that sometimes gets a mention showed me the work below when I rushed in and out of her house today and would like answers to solve her problems. The flamingo design was enlarged using PE design and the second picture shows the reverse of the design stitched out, there is very little of the spool/under thread visible and the blue stitches of image 2 are too large, my quick comment was that I didn't think that she had gone through all the stages of enlarging the design correctly. I didn't have time to go through it with her as I was on my way to collect wee lads from school.


Picture 3 is showing loose threads appearing on the top of the design. I should know the cause but to much time off ME and I have forgotten. Both her machines are stitching in this annoying way so please all offers of what one should be doing to stop the problem will be great fully received by both of us. And how the 'flamingo' design can be improved. Thanks and flowers to all

90055

by hightechgrammy 18 Nov 2018

When this happens to me I always repeat, If the problem is on the top, it is caused from something on the bottom, and vice versa. Since this is the top, it makes me wonder if the bobbin is the culprit. Or, there is not a tight stabilizer under it. Sometimes you can actually put in a new needle and it is not good. There are times I just think I need to give up. But keep at it!

55967
by pennyhal2 18 Nov 2018

I had a problem similar to the top two. The shop told me that it I was threading the top thread incorrectly and/or I was using the wrong bobbin case. I have was using my Babylock and have a lot of bobbin issues.

27791
by castor 17 Nov 2018

try the design on a different piece of material .if the problem repeats it might be a designfault hugs

2827
by asterixsew Moderator 16 Nov 2018

Thanks for the replies but as pennyhal2 has commented how does the problem in the bottom picture get solved?

90055
by mrskiki 16 Nov 2018

One other recommendation would be to baste around the design to secure it and help prevent puckers. May need different stabilizer too. Hugs. Nan W

8427
by pennifold 15 Nov 2018

I was also thinking along the lines of checking the bobbin thread and making sure there are no burrs present. Also try new needles and of course check tension! Love Chris

210687
getEdited - SELECT
by killiecrankie edited 15 Nov 2018

I've had a similar problem to photo 3.It was caused by the thread not going through the tension correctly.Just rethread & make sure the thread is coming off the reel properly ,so it doesn't curl or does something else wrong.This can happen towards the end of a reel of thread ,sometimes for a short time in the middle of a design .The bobbin thread is very tight & if you cut it ,it pulls out easily leaving a lot of top thread.
If you notice it before you unhoop the design ,you should be able to redo the bad bit.

23760
by pennyhal2 15 Nov 2018

I have the problems in the bottom picture...but have no clue how to fix it. It's annoying because it just pops up in the middle of a design. Hope someone know what causes this.

27791
by kustomkuddle 15 Nov 2018

I'm not sure, but it seems that one of the tensions is off in all pictures. If my brain is working right this morning, I would say the bottom tension is to tight in the first pictures and is pulling the top thread to the back. I would start by doing a thorough cleaning and then re-thread the machine including the bobbin. Good luck!

12140
by dragonflyer 14 Nov 2018

Hmmm...been awhile since I used my Palette software as well, but I think you need to hold down the "Ctrl" key when enlarging or reducing the size in order for the stitch count and density to be increased or decreased...

234637